- born in Budapest, Hungary, in 1934
- Master’s Degree in chemical engineerig, Budapest Unversity of Technology. 1957
- Dr. Techn., Budapest University of Technology, 1963, Advisor: Professor G. Varsányi
- Candidate of Sciences in chemistry, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 1969
- Doctor of Science, Hungarian Academy of Science, 1992
- Dr. Habil, Budapest University of Technology, 1994
- From 1957 Department of Physical Chemistry, Budapest University of Technology, since 2007 the name of the department changed to Department of Physical Chemistry and Material Science
- Experiment of vibrational spectroscopic methods: infrared and Raman spectroscopy. Application of quantum chemical methods of different level for supporting the assignment of vibrational spectra, considering also different models for the considering of the chemical environment of the molecule.
- Preparation of computer programs for the elaboration of the quantum chemical results for the purpose of the vibrational spectrocopy and the normal coordinate analysis.
- Application of the quantum chemistry for the vibrational spectroscopic study of compounds, compound groups, modelling of adsorption. The investigated compounds are e.g. like perspective medicaments, ingredients, optical materials, biologically active compounds, contact materials applied in flotation.
- Plant Protection Institute, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest (Hungary)
- Institute for Structural Chemistry, Chemical research Center, Hugarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest (Hungary)
- Institute for Chemical Technology and Analytics, Vienna University of Technology (Austria)
- Institute for Chemistry and Geology, Lulea University of Technology Egyetem, (Sweden)
- University of Leipzig, „Wilhelm Ostwald” Institute for Physical Chemistry (Germany)
- Institute for Biochemistry and Biophysics, „Friedrich Schiller” University, Jena (Germany)
- Institute for Theoretical and Physical Chemistry, University for Distant Education, Madrid (Spain)
- Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, „Babes-Bólyai” University, Cluj (Romania)
- Department of Analytical Chemistry, „P. J. Safarik” University, Kosice (Slovakia)
Decoration and award
- „For Excellent Work”, 1979, medal of the Minister of Education
- „For Excellent Work”, 1987, medal of the Minister of Education
- Medal of the Hungarian Scientific Engineering Society, 1993
- „Medal for the Pedagogic Service”, from the Minister of Education, 1994
- „For Excellent Work in the Society”, Hungarian Chemical Society, 1999
- Award of the Hungarian Chemical Society, 2004
- „Török Tibor” award of the Hungarian Spectrochemical Association, 2007
- “Preisich Miklós” award, Hungarian Chemical Society, 2009
Scientific social work
- Member of the Spectrochemical Committee of the Hungarian Scientific Engineering Society, 1983-1994
- Member of the Committee of the Spectrochemical Association in the Hungarian Chemical Society, from 1994 also recently, inbetween chairman 1996-1998.
- Organization of several conferences in the area of spectroscopy and spectrochemistry.
- Physical chemistry (thermodynamics, reaction kinetics, electrochemistry)
- Physics (Mechanics, Electrodynamics)
- Structural Chemistry
- Measurement technics
- Chemical control technics
- Vibrational spectroscopy
- 87 papers in journals (35 during the last10 years) with more than 350 non-self citations (130 during the last 10 years), 60 longer publiction in conference abstarct book and in other non-referred issues.
- 12 invited conference talks, 5 invited lectures on seminars
- 13 lecture notes